Does Cosco Sell Plan b?
Yes, Costco sells Plan b in its pharmacy and through Costco instacart.com
- You may also find Plan b at Target.
- You may also find Plan b at Walmart
- You may also find Plan b at Publix
- You may also find Plan b at Kroger
- You may also find Plan b at Costco
- You may also find Plan b at Meijer
- You may also find Plan b at CVS
About Plan b
Plan b is designed to reduce the chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex. It may be used if other methods of protection fail. Plan B 1.5mg is an Emergency Contraceptive Pill. Each box of Plan b contains one tablet to be used as soon as possible after an unprotected sexual encounter for best results. This One-Step pill should be used no more than 72 hours after an unprotected sexual encounter for best effectiveness. The Plan b hormone tablet is small and easy to take orally. It uses the same ingredient in many birth control pills but at a higher dose, this levonorgestrel pill is shown to be an effective tool in women’s health as
Costco is a membership warehouse club. They to bring members the best possible prices on brand-name merchandise. Costco has hundreds of locations worldwide, The company provides a wide selection of merchandise, plus specialty departments and exclusive member services.
The company’s first location opened in 1976 under the name Price Club. The store was in a converted airplane hangar on Morena Boulevard in San Diego. Originally the store only served small businesses. However, the company discovered it could achieve far greater buying power by serving a selected audience of non-business members. With that pivot, the growth of the warehouse club industry took off. In 1983, the first Costco warehouse location opened in Seattle. An amazing fact, Costco became the first company ever to grow from zero to $3 billion in sales in less than six years. When Costco and Price Club merged in 1993, the combined company, operating under the name Price Costco, had 206 locations generating $16 billion in annual sales.
Alternatives To Plan B
In the United States, progestin-only EC is available without age restrictions to both women and men. Available on the self. This article is about Plan B One-Step however there are other alternatives such as Take Action, Next Choice One-Dose, My Way. There are also generic options.
There are nearly two dozen brands of pills that can be used for emergency contraception in the United States today, as of the writing of this article. Several products are specifically approved and marketed here as emergency contraceptive pills.
- Progestin-only EC (like Plan B One-Step and its generic forms such as Take Action) are approved for unrestricted sale on store shelves within the United State. Anyone can buy these products at Costco without needing to show ID.
- If you want to use insurance to purchase EC, go to the Costco pharmacy counter and ask for help.
- You can order AfterPill, a generic form of Plan B One-Step, online for about $20 + $5 shipping. This site does not offer expedited shipping, so it’s not meant for emergency use, however, you can keep it on hand for future use.
EC should be taken as soon as possible after sex.
You can also use a different dose of a number of brands of regular birth control pills. While these are not sold specifically as emergency contraceptive pills, they have been proven safe and effective for preventing pregnancy in the few days after sex. If you are unsure, speak with a medical professional.
Such daily birth control pills contain two hormones, progestin and estrogen, and are taken in two doses. You take the first dose as soon as possible (up to 120 hours after you have sex without using birth control, your birth control failed, or you were made to have sex against your will. You take the second dose 12 hours later (although being an hour or two early or late probably won’t make a difference in how effective the pills are).
Emergency contraceptive pills have no long-term or serious side effects, and it is safe for almost every woman to use them. If you have concerns or questions talk to your doctor or Costco pharmacist.
Important things your should know about taking emergency contraceptive pills:
- Don’t take more than one kind of EC. The active ingredients in ella Plan B One-Step (and its generic forms) may counteract each other and make your EC ineffective.
- Don’t take extra pills. They probably will not reduce your risk of pregnancy more than the recommended dose for emergency contraception. However, they will make it more likely you’ll feel sick to your stomach. This is a common side effect.
- If you feel sick to your stomach, it should be only mild nausea that goes away in a day or so.
- If you throw up within an hour after taking the pills, call your health care provider. You may need to repeat a dose, and it might make sense to take some anti-nausea medication (Find out more about side effects here).
- If you have any other symptoms you are worried about, contact your health care provider. Ask for an appointment right away if you have:
- Severe pain in your leg (calf or thigh)Several abdominal painChest pain or cough or shortness of breathSevere headaches, dizziness, weakness, or numbnessBlurred or loss of vision or trouble speakingJaundice (if you see a yellowish tint in the whites of your eyes, your skin, or your mucus membranes)
- Your next period should start within the next month, although it might come a few days early or late. If you don’t get your period by the expected time, you might consider getting a pregnancy test.
- Start using a regular birth control method you think you’ll be able to use every time you have sex because that will be more effective than relying only on emergency contraception. If there’s any chance you could be at risk of sexually transmitted infections, use protection such as a condom.
doestheysell.com offers this article for informational purposes only. Do not take the information on this webpage as medical advice or endorsement of any product. We recommend you contact a medical professional or Costco pharmacist if you have any questions or are considering using such a product.