Does Rite Aid Sell Liquor?
Yes, Rite Aid does sell liquor in its stores. You must be of legal drinking age to purchase liquor. Rite Aid sells a variety of liquor such as vodka.
About Rite Aid Liquor
Rite Aid does sell liquor in its stores. You must be of legal drinking age to purchase liquor. Rite Aid sells a variety of liquor such as vodka, whisky, scotch, coffee liqueur, rum and gin where legal.
What Exactly Is Alcohol?
Alcohol is an ancient drink that has been consumed for thousands of years by almost all civilizations. Alcoholic beverages are an important part of many social events. Can alcohol be used as medicine? The answer is only in rare cases. It’s always best to ask
History of Alcohol
Many archaeologists believe that the existence of wines produced from grapes dates back over 10,000 years ago and that variations of beer can be dated even further back in history. Early pictographs and engravings on walls and clay tablets show the making of alcoholic beverages that make the drinkers feel wonderful, blissful and exhilarated.
Around 800 B.C., India and China began producing distilled alcoholic beverages. The process of distilling alcohol made its way to Europe in the eleventh century. There is documentation of the medical school in Salerno, Italy distilling spirits in 1100. The term, spirits, is used in reference to the extraction of the alcohol from the spirit of wine.
Alcohol consumption continued to grow for several years through the middle ages, when many monasteries began to make beer to nourish their monks and sell to people in the surrounding areas. In the 1500s the term ‘alcohol’ began to be only used to refer to distilled spirits.
Being one of the first occupations to form a guild, the brew-masters of the alcohol brewing trade passed down the ideal techniques of brewing to apprentices. As technology advanced throughout history, it becomes much easier to produce pure alcohol and much higher strengths.
Different Types of Alcohol
1. Beer is the most common and oldest alcoholic beverage. It’s also the world’s most popular drink – behind tea and water. Recent archeological findings suggest that the first beer may have been brewed as early as 9000 BC.
2. Distilled drinks consist of hard liquors such as Gin, Rum and vodka. There are about 65 calories per shot in these drinks, unless you mix them with other juices and sodas. But for dieting reasons, your calorie intake should be smaller, but you will also get drunker faster.
3. Ale is similar to beer. It’s brewed from the combination of malted barley, hops and yeast. The main difference is that yeast is a different type. It is called top-fermenting yeast, and it converts starches to sugars very quickly. Usually, Ale takes less time to brew than beer, and is sweeter.
Myths and Facts about Alcohol
Findings in case of alcoholics differ from one research to another. Generally, the level of consumption of alcohol determines some features of an alcoholic. Basically, alcoholism is a constant disorder that’s accompanied with habitual consumption of alcohol causing serious damage to a person’s health and mind.
Some familiar symptoms of alcoholism include physical dependence on others, continuous craving for alcohol, loss of appetite, numbness in body parts and loss of memory. This is an accepted fact about alcohol that if once you get into the grip of alcoholism, then in spite of the strong urge to keep yourself away from it, it’s difficult to do it. You will always try to stop drinking, but you won’t find yourself capable of doing it and at the end, you resort back to alcohol. Your alcohol tolerance level needed for an extended amount of alcohol increases every time you go for drinking.
Factors Responsible for Alcohol Abuse
There are different factors responsible for alcoholism which includes environmental reasons, social causes and most importantly genetic causes. Generally, the disease of alcoholism is not dependent on the type of alcohol you’re consuming, but the factors which affect it include a quantity of consumption of alcohol, excessive need to consume it and the duration of addiction. If the alcoholic is in the first stage, then it’s easy to recover from, but when it gets into the final stage, it’s hard to recover without sufficient supervision and medical prescription.
Myth about Alcohol
1. Addiction is nothing but a voluntary habit and behavior. The initial behavior of drinking is voluntary, but once addiction occurs, the drinking is not voluntary. A habit is an established pattern of behavior that develops over time with repeated behavior. It is not compulsive.
2. Addicts are losers and skid-row bums. Addiction is no respecter of persons. People from all walks of life can become addicted to alcohol. Most alcohol addicts are employed.
3. Alcoholics can have control over their drinking if they use willpower. Once a drinker becomes alcoholic, they are merely chasing the illusion of control, because they are out of control.
4. Alcoholism is a self-inflicted moral problem. No one chooses to be an alcoholic. Addiction is a brain disease, not a moral dilemma.
5. Addicts can stop on their own if they just want to. A desire to quit is necessary but usually insufficient.
Why Do We Get Drunk?
There are different types of alcohol in the chemical industry, but the one’s we drink the most consist of ethanol. It’s the shape of an ethanol molecule that gives a beer or the hard drink its special effects on the human brain. It’s also fat soluble, like an all-access channel through different cell membranes and other places that are off limits.
Just like reality television, drunkenness lets us see ourselves in a superior light. It thrills seekers adrenaline and brings attention to mongers success. The mildly drunk can laugh at the antics of the drunk, assured their real problems had been successfully masked in the social situation for a single night. People get drunk because they felt it’s a way to forget and overcome their present conditions. But, it only lasted for a night, after that, they tend to remember their problems again.
About Rite Aid
Rite Aid Corporation is a United States drugstore chain. The company is ranked in the top 100 of the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. Rite Aid is the largest drugstore chain on the East Coast and the third largest in the U.S.The company is headquartered in Camp Hill, East Pennsboro Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, near Harrisburg.
Rite Aid Corporation is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains. With approximately 2,500 stores in 19 states, they have a strong position on each of the US Coasts. Rite Aid employs more than 51,000 associates. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol RAD.
Rite Aid says it delivers the products and services that you need to lead a healthier, happier life. Everyone at Rite Aid from our knowledgeable, caring associates and pharmacists to the members of our board of director works together to provide its customers with a superior pharmacy experience.
Sources: riteaide.com, and online reviews
This article is for informational purposes. Do not consider this article an endorsement of drinking. If you feel you have an alcohol problem please