Who Does Target Price Match?
Yes, Target does price match companies such as Kmart, JCPenney and Kohls.
Check out 17 interesting things Target sells
Below is the list of the competitors Target price matches online.
Target Price Matching Policy
Target says they compare prices on over 35,000 items.
Target says they remain focused on simplifying the shopping experience to provide great deals when and where our guests want to shop.
Target Price Match Guarantee:
Target will match the price if you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors (see list above), or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services.
If you find a current lower price within 14 days after purchase, take the item to the Target store with the proof and we will adjust your payment to the lower price, upon request. Target store price matches and adjustments are completed at the store on any lane. For Target.com purchases, call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.
What is a local retailer according to Target?
|According to Target, a local retail competitor concerning store purchases includes retail stores located in the same market area of your local Target store. A local market area is 25 miles from the store.|
A local retail competitor for online purchases from Target.com includes retail stores located in the same market area, again, within 25 miles (of as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the Target.com purchase.
This is important – The store or Target.com Guest Services must be able to successfully validate the price on the local competitor’s website or ad in order to complete the price match. If the price cannot be validated, Target may decline to price match.
What is proof of Price For Target Store Price Match?
There are two main ways in which you can show proof price when trying get a price match refund from a Target Store.
Local printed ads: Bring the entire printed advertisement to the store. Unfortunately, Photos or photocopies of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of
Online prices: Show the price using your mobile device from a qualifying competitor’s (see above) website or Target.com. A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target
Price Match Guarantee: guidelines, limitations & exclusions
Target Guidelines and limitations:
The following information is directly from the Target website and is not modified. – The original information may be found here
- The price for an item must be listed and valid at the time of
match. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match for approved online competitors. It also must be sold and fulfilled by one of the select competitors listed here.
- Offers found on deal websites will be validated at the retailer’s primary website and must meet all other price match criteria.
- Please bring the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of the ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase.
- We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases. In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded.
- Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
- No rain checks will be issued for items out of stock at Target or Target.com to match a competitor’s price.
- We reserve the right to limit price quantities of price matches per identical item per guest for local and/or online competitor matches.
- Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or category promotions, offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Pricing due to typographical errors, competitor doorbusters/lightning sales (including Amazon Prime Exclusive offers), coupon offers, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers, financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
- Contract mobile phone devices and the associated plans, optical, product services (warranties, assembly, etc.), clinic and pharmacy purchases and offers, or game reservations.
- “Marketplace” prices from
- Cartwheel offers, Target Gift Card offers, Registry completion coupons and Target coupons cannot be combined with price match. Manufacturer coupons will be applied after a price match is made, for store purchases only. Please review our Store Coupon Policy for additional details.
- Items containing alcohol will be subject to state-by-state regulations.
- Price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving. (11/23/2017 – 12/2/2017).
|Comparison Shopping Sites|
Does Target price match items on comparison-shopping sites such as dotheysell.com?
No, according to Target, an item’s price must be validated by a team member on Target.com, a competitor’s website, or in Target’s or a competitor’s local printed or digital ad.
It is important to note – online search engines, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing, may show a different price from the Target.com website due to web caching (memory stored in the computer for future use). The correct prices are found on Target.com.
However, despite our best efforts of Target, some items on the Target.com website may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable.
Target does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information on their website Target.com. This includes prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. Target says it reserves the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
Target suggests, if you find an error or notice something that doesn’t look right, please contact Target Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.